Followers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chickens: Our New Pets

Not too long ago, my master Daniel, and his family built a large pen and filled them with strange looking birds called Chickens. There are eight of them, and we keep them as a food source (even though I'm not allowed to kill them). They lay a type of food called eggs which are cooked and then eaten. I'm told the eggs are very tasty, but I'm not allowed any!!! :(

I enjoy trying to 'get 'em', and sometimes make holes in the wire to get into the pen. I really have a good time doing this, but I get into trouble. I don't really care that much, as I only get yelled at a bit, then put on the lead (there I have a nap, which isn't a very good punishment.) Sometimes, (please don't dob on me), I like to be the boss of my master and his family, and do all sorts of things they hate. I don't care, it's fun.

Sorry there's no photo's, but trust me - you wouldn't want to see the weird things.

Happy sleeping,
Oscar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Oscar! I'm a chocolate lab but my mom's family used to have a couple of Jack Russells while she was growing up. She says they were awesome and one of them named Dixie would go into the chicken coop and get the eggs (one at a time) and bring them to her mom every morning. I guess Jack Russell's must be smart because I would just eat them.

    Our Pawrents feed us a raw egg once or twice a week because it makes our coats soft and shiny. Its so fun because you can really bat those things around before they break.

    ReplyDelete